Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Cology

Me Grandpa Joe used to talk about the Cology. It was his colloquial shorthand for psychology. What he meant, as near as I could tell anyway, was that sometimes we let our own thoughts get in our own way.

He's right you know. Sometimes we are our own worst enemies, when we're overthinking or allowing fears to burden us. Right now my own cology is affecting me in a different manner.

I had my first dose of the Pfizer COVID vaccine late yesterday. Now I'm dealing, perhaps a little too intently, with concerns about side effects. Is my left arm actually sore or am I just concentrated on it because that's where I got the shot? Am I vaguely nauseous because of the medicine or because of the bacon double cheeseburger I ate on the way home? Am I fatigued due to Pfizer or is it simply that I didn't get to sleep until nearly 11 and popped awake at 3:30 this morning?

I think it's the cology. But it gave me something to write about today.



No comments: