Tuesday, June 22, 2021

It's only pasteboard

The little things in life, right?

I went down to the Comerica Park box office yesterday to get Tiger baseball tickets. As so many tickets now are electronic I fully expected they would be such. That's not a big deal as I have MLB app on my phone. I needed it for tickets at the last ball game I attended, way back in 2019. I don't like it but it seems the way of the future.

Yet I was given actual physical tickets. My heart truly jumped with joy, as absurd as that sounds. Walking away from the ticket window with honest to goodness pasteboard tickets, holding them in my hands like gold, made me immensely happy, almost childlike with glee. I have baseball tickets, not just an image of tickets on my phone.

I was nearly more excited about that than having the freedom to once again actually go to a game. I don't have a mere picture, I have the real thing.

I think that's pretty cool.

No comments: