Tuesday, June 8, 2021

COVID vaccine redux

I had an appointment this morning at 10:03 for my first dose of the COVID vaccine. But I cancelled it. This decision was made not out of stubbornness, a recant of my earlier resolve to get the shot. Yet it has all the markings of being all about Marty just the same.

My wife sent me a text yesterday that the Detroit Tigers along with Meijer and McClaren Health Services are opening a 'pop up' vaccine site before the next six Tigers home games. Anyone getting the vaccine there will be given two vouchers which can be exchanged for tickets to that day's or a future ballgame. 

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!

Everyone will also get a Meijer $10 gift card. 

So you know what? I cancelled the earlier appointment and booked one for Comerica Park later today at 4:30. Because hey, I might as well get something for my efforts.

I tell you, it pays to procrastinate. At least sometimes.

No comments: