Friday, November 18, 2022

And Toto Too

While waiting in the reception area to be whisked off to my CAT scan Wednesday, I was pleased that the music being played over the speakers was decent. A song I hadn't heard in awhile, Hold The Line by the rock band Toto, came up. It was a hit when I was a senior in High School, and I always liked it. It's a great, hard driving, almost arena rock staple.

Then it becomes your ear worm.

All I heard all day after my scan was,

Hold the line!
Love isn't always on time, no, no, no,
Hold the li-i-i-ine!
Love isn't always on time whoa whoa wo-oh

I don't care how great of a song it might be, when something gets planted in your ear and you cannot shut it off, it gets old.

I had not heard Hold The Line in several years. Right this minute, I hope it's several more.

And there it goes again.




No comments: