Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Yellow Powder Explosion

I like ramen noodles. I never had a problem with that until recently, when my clumsiness caused a minor catastastroke.

As any fan of ramen knows, you boil the noodles and then add a packet of seasoning, typically chicken, beef, or shrimp, although as with so many things there are many (far too many) other flavors available. The chicken seasoning is yellow, essentially a bright yellow and heavily salted power.

Last Wednesday I went to stir in chicken seasoning from the ramen noodles I had just boiled. Opening the little foil packet, which is at best an inch and a half by two inch rectangular pouch, it slipped out of my hands and towards the floor, bouncing off my left pant leg and stove door as it fell.

You've seen the short videos of glitter bombs exploding on You Tube, perhaps? Glitter rushes everywhere and impacts everything. I felt as though there was yellow powder over the entire kitchen. Except, of course, for the shadow outline of me across the cabinets behind where I stood. That yellow powder went everywhere.

I had never imagined so much color coming from something so small.




No comments: