Sunday, November 20, 2022

Finding a Career

Before I begin, I want to say that I deeply appreciate those in the medical profession. They do work I can't do, and indeed wouldn't do, for all kinds of reasons. But I can't help but wonder what inspired the doctors and nurses and techs to enter certain fields.

Take the colonoscopy team I was blessed to have last week. They did great all the way around: professional, courteous, good at what they do. The procedure took barely a half hour, and maybe not that. I simply wonder what caused them to want to do it.

I don't remember career day at high school covering it, nor the similar career days we attended when our kids were in school. There were many options out there, but I apparently missed the poster which asked, "Do you have what it takes to make it in the world of colonoscopy?"

I'm glad those folks made that choice. I thank them very much. I just don't get it.


No comments: