Sunday, January 8, 2023

Acquiring Foot Warmth Tubes

Black crew length socks. That's all I wanted. Do you think I could find them easily recently? Up until Friday, no.

From around the middle of November until the other day I couldn't find any. Not in Wal-Mart, not in Meijer, not in any department store I tried. All I wanted was to do the guy thing, to walk into a store, make straight for the socks, grab a pack, pay and leave. Exactly as I have for forty years.

Yes. Yes. Yes. I know.  I could have ordered them online and had them in a week, or quicker if I'd pay more. Yet that misses the point. A common commodity such as black crew length socks should be, well, common.

You know what I think? I think all the grandmothers looking for Christmas presents were out early this year. They beat me to the punch.

No comments: