Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Healthy Habits Can Poison You

Speaking of dental health - we were just speaking of it, weren't we? - one habit I have taken on in recent years is using mouthwash after brushing my teeth. The elixir of my choice has several advantages. It's alcohol free, freshens breath, and strengthens enamel, among other wonders. And it tastes good too. Hmmm...minty.

Yet in reading the label delinquently (I've been using the stuff for awhile now) I was slightly taken aback. The key warning on the bottle cautions that, should I accidentally swallow more mouthwash than the amount recommended for twice daily use, I should go immediately to a poison control center for treatment.

It seems to me we're walking a pretty fine line on dental health these days.

1 comment:

Stig said...

Fluoride is rat poison.

It's in children's ice cream, Mandrake!

We must preserve our precious bodily fluids.