Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Zeke's Eats

I've told you about how me Uncle John whom I call Zeke made his meals with as little effort as he could? I haven't? Well, let's right that wrong.

His goal was to get away with using as few utensils, pots and pans and whatnot, as possible when fixing dinner. Often he would get away with only using a fork. "I don't wash dishes. I wash dish," he was fond of bragging.

He managed that by eating whatever he could with no further preparation than straight from the can. Employ the opener, dispose of the lid, and eat the contents with a fork or spoon: hence, you only have to wash dish. 

Zeke learned what did and did not work that way through good old trial and error. Corned or roast beef hash were a-okay right out the can. Chili (no beans) wasn't too bad either. Beef stew was all right but better heated. Vegetable beef soup? Straight out of Campbell's. Chicken noodle, though, needed to be put through the microwave.

So far I've only tried hash right out of the can. The corned beef variety. And, you know what? I rather liked it.

No comments: