Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Wire Nutty

I don't mind fellas trying to repair their own stuff. Hell, I often try to repair my own stuff myself. But do you have to make it so hard for me to repair the stuff you've tried to repair?

Some guys must think that they're banking millions by the amount of wire they save. I'll need to get into the reverse switch box of some drain snake and there won't be more than an inch of electric wire to work with. You can't move anything around because there's not enough wire to allow free movement. I end up cutting wires and starting over, peeling back the outer sheath of power cord to give myself four or five inches of wire to work with.

But because during 'repair' they used so little cord, I have to remove any and all switches in order to reattach the wire. Then I can actually begin to diagnose whatever the original problem might have been.

First, do no harm. It works for doctors. It ought to work for do it yourselfers too.


No comments: