Saturday, January 14, 2023

Just Say No?

There are people who seem to sense it, aren't there? They know when they've pushed you exactly far enough, and back off.

A customer picked up a repair yesterday. He had given me a terrible amount of grief over it, changing the order, asking for this, demanding that, begging for alterations which were a damned chore (to say the least) and so on. I told me brother Phil, "That guy better appreciate this job, because the next time he calls I'm telling him I don't want his business."

Of course when he picks it up, he can't help but gush over it. "Man, Cosgriff, it looks brand new! It sounds great! You really did a bang up job on it. I can't wait to try it out. Man, I appreciate this. You guys are like brothers to me!" Then he actually hugs me, and insists I take a tip.

Maybe I'm fooling myself, but he seemed sincere. I'm going to have a hard time telling him no on his next repair. If I even can.

No comments: